Easy Documentation Deployment for Technical Teams
Read the Docs for Business simplifies the entire process of building and deploying developer documentation. With support for Sphinx and Mkdocs, you can integrate your code and user-facing documentation using the same tools. Create beautiful documentation easily with themes, and preview every commit with Pull Request previews.
Write docs in Sphinx or Mkdocs
Write documentation alongside your code, with all your same tools. You can write with reStructuredText or Markdown.
We Deploy them automatically
With Pull Request previews you can validate all your changes, before they go live. Once you commit, we keep your documentation up to date, across all versions of your software.
Read the Docs Overview
- You Write docs with Sphinx or Mkdocs
- Documentation can be written in Markdown or reStructuredText. Write just prose documentation, or automatically pull in documentation that is written inside your code (eg. Python docstrings).
- We Build your docs on every Pull Request or merge
- Whenever you push a commit, we build your full set of documentation and provide a fully working preview. If you decide to merge into a production version, we will update that on merge. Your docs are always up to date with your code.
- Everyone reads them, or you can limit access
- Your documentation can be available privately or publicly. Access is limited by team to privately hosted versions. Publicly hosted documentation allows your company to share docs with the world as well.
- The same tools your team is already using
- All too often, when documentation is lacking, it's because maintaining documentation is too difficult. Using developer tools like git lowers the bar contributing documentation, meaning your docs will get better, faster.